About 90% of start-ups fail, but what sets apart that successful 10%? Adam Ross co-founder of CloudOlive spills the beans on what it takes to build a successful start-up.
Adam and his co-founder went through the Antler Venture Capital incubator in 2020. They successfully secured funding to solve a universal MSP challenge, SaaS billing management. Now CloudOlive is empowering MSPs all over the globe solving vendor on-billing and contract headaches in leaps and bounds.
Welcome to episode 42 of Insights as a Service, where Brendan and Adam talk about how to get your start-up idea funded, educating your customers, the secret sauce of what really makes a business a business, and the #1 thing to do before building any product.
Get yourself a drink and enjoy this episode of Insights as a Service. As always timestamps are below.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:30 Adam Ross’ background – Problems with MSP over or underbilling clients
- 4:45 Getting your SaaS business funded by a venture capital firm
- 7:45 Unlocking Valuating your SaaS business
- 9:15 Naming your SaaS business and what to think of
- 10:45 Educating your customers on their painpoints
- 13:25 LinkedIn marketing tips for start ups
- 14:30 A good co-founder is the foundation to success
- 16:15 Throwing a bunch of APIs together doesn’t make a business
- 17:45 #1 thing to do before building a product
- 18:30 Marketing, Sales, and onboarding to sustainably grow
- 26:30 Current state of the SaaS market and profitability
- 30:15 What it costs to acquire a (MSP) customer
- 32:15 How to determine your price points on launch
- 34:00 How MSPs are different from each other
- 36:00 Identifying your customer champions
- 37:45 Moving into the next (product market fit) phase
This podcast is brought to you by Lightwire Business – the telco that compliments your MSP service offering instead of competing with it. Check out how you can add more revenue to your MSP with (white labelled) voice, data, and managed solutions at: https://www.lightwirebusiness.com/